• October 28TODAY - Student of the Quarter Assembly

• October 27It's "Thank A Principal" Month. Thank you Mr. Yarborough

Last Minute Halloween Costumes

Sara Langdon, Staff writer

What is scarier than ghosts, zombies, witches and skeletons. Well I know what is scarier than all that put together… not having a costume for Halloween. Many people have so many thing going on that they forget that Halloween is coming until the day before. They go to all the costume shops and see that they are sold out but they don’t want their kid to go trick or treating without a costume. Well here are some DIY ideas for last minute Halloween costumes that are easy to make at home.
TY Beanie Costume
Many girls own a least one onesies or more and also many girls decide to go as the animal on their onesie. But here a better idea of how to use you onesie to make a better Halloween costume. Many kids have a stuffed animal that is from the brand named TY. All you need is red construction paper, scissors, a pencil and tape and a white marker or sharpie. The first thing you do is cut a heart out in the construction paper. The you write the TY logo of the heart in white marker. Next you tape the heart logo on the corner of the onesies. That is how you become a TY stuffed animal.
Mario and Luigi Costume
A lot of boys like to go with a friend when they go trick-or-treating. An idea for that is a Mario and Luigi costume. All you need are a pair of black or denim overalls, a red or green beanie, a red or green shirt, duct tape, a printed out Mario or Luigi sign, and a fake mustache.First you take the hat or cap you chose and you tape the logo that matches the color of the hat on to the hat. Make sure it has enough tape that it won’t fall off. Then all you have to do is put on the red or green shirt, then the overalls, put the hat and mustache on and you are ready to go.
Minion Costume
A lot of people love the Minions movie and love the minions themselves. So here is a DIY for a Minions costume (boy or girl). All you need is a yellow shirt (long or short sleeve), some denim overalls (can be long pant or shorts), a yellow beanie, some chemistry goggles, black sneakers, and a print out the Gru G if you want. First you put the shirt on, then the overalls, then the goggles and finally the beanie over the goggles. If you printed out the Gru G then here are the instructions for what to do with it. Cut out the G and get some duct tape. Put the duct tape on the print out and stick it in the center of your chest.